Michael Hill has spent his entire career representing individuals harmed by the negligence and malpractice of others. In this regard, Michael has successfully litigated hundreds of car wrecks, slip and falls, and tractor trailer wrecks against some of the largest insurance companies in the State of Georgia. In addition, Michael has successfully litigated numerous nursing home negligence and medical malpractice cases across the entire State.
Michael is a graduate of the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University. During law school Michael worked for the Superior Court Judges of Houston County and the Houston County District Attorney’s Office. During his time at the District Attorney’s Office, Michael successfully tried several Felony Criminal cases under the Third Year Practice Act, gaining valuable trial experience while still in law school.
Following graduation, Michael worked for the Dozier Law Firm, one of the oldest personal injury firms in Middle Georgia. During this time, Michael gained invaluable experience in handling catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. In doing so, Michael tried numerous cases to verdict and has successfully handled hundreds of mediations.
In forming Mayo|Hill, Michael continues to represent individuals harmed by the negligence and malpractice of others. Michael has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of his clients and takes pride in achieving justice for his clients.
Michael is a resident of Forsyth, Georgia and is married to his lovely wife, Jennifer. Michael and Jennifer are proud parents of a daughter, Caroline, and a son, Shep.
- University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- B.S. – Political Science and History
- Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University
Honors and Community Involvement
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Medical Malpractice (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Recognized by National Trial Lawyers as Top 40 Under 40
- Macon Telegraph Best of the Best (2021): Best Law Practice in Macon
- William Augustus Bootle Inn of Court, Member
- Macon Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- All Georgia Trial Courts
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
In the News:
- Mayo | Hill Named “Best Law Practice” in Macon
- Mayo | Hill Co-founder Michael Hill Receives Third $1M Settlement in Case
- Mayo & Hill Named to Super Lawyers Rising Stars List for Third Consecutive Year
- Successful 7-figure Recovery for Wrongful Death