As 2021 draws to a close, we’re filled with gratitude as we look back on all this year has brought Mayo | Hill. It has been a banner year for our firm – both professionally and personally.
In August, we relocated to the 14th floor of the Fickling Building in downtown Macon. Our new office space not only has a spectacular view of downtown, but it also has more space to accommodate our growing team.
In addition to our new space, we also added two new team members this year. In June, attorney Cameron Woodward joined Mayo | Hill. After just six months, he has proven to be a great asset to the firm. Learn more about Cameron here.
Along with Cameron, Patricia Blazek began working at Mayo | Hill. She works as legal assistant to attorneys Robert Cabe and Cameron Woodward and joined our team in July.
The firm has had a very successful year. Our list of cases won and settlements awarded has grown steadily. In December, founding partner Michael Hill received a second million-dollar settlement in a logging truck accident case. Attorney Robert Cabe also had a seven-figure settlement earlier this year. These are just two examples of many.
Other notable results in 2021:
- Summary Judgment Granted in Client’s Favor
- Successful 7-figure Recovery for Wrongful Death
- Additional results
We know none of our successes would be possible without the support of our wonderful team – including our attorneys and entire staff. Thank you to our legal assistants Sherrie Treen, Shatara Moye, and Patricia Blazek for their hard work.
Community Support & Awards
Our community has rallied behind us each year – and in 2021 they voted us as Macon’s “Best of the Best: Best Law Practice.” We are humbled to have received this designation and wear the title proudly.
In December, we were named as a Regional Winner for Best of Georgia in the Personal Injury Firms category.
Our founding partners were named to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for the second year in a row, and Michael Mayo was listed on Daily Report’s 2021 “On the Rise” list of the state’s top 20 lawyers under the age of 40.
Attorney Robert Cabe and his wife Becky welcomed the newest member of their family, Benjy, on April 1. Older siblings Bobby and Georgia have loved helping with their new little brother.
Less than two months later, on May 20, Michael Mayo and his wife Dana welcomed their third child, Demi Knox. Demi joins big sister Julia and big brother Boston, and the Mayo’s are smitten with their family of five.
Words from Our Attorneys
- Michael Mayo: “Looking back at the year is an important task. We all stay so focused on getting the job done day-to-day and week-to-week, but sometimes it’s best to pause and acknowledge progress and success. I cannot fully explain my pride for the firm and its members. The future looks bright for our clients and other community partners as we push forward to 2022.”
- Michael Hill: “2021 has been a tremendous year for Mayo | Hill, and we are eager to continue serving our clients and community in 2022.”
- Robert Cabe: “2021 has been a blessing. Through the new office and additional staff, our clients continue to benefit from the zealous advocacy this firm strives to provide.”
- Cameron Woodward: “For me, 2021 was when I joined the firm. After spending the last months getting comfortable in my role, I’m really excited to hit the ground running in 2022.”
As you can see, 2021 has been a year of growth, diligent work, success, and joy for Mayo | Hill. We are grateful for the support our firm has received from our clients, community, colleagues, families, and friends. We are eager to continue to fight for our clients and are looking forward to another successful year in 2022.